Travel Tips : My 5 most favorite places of Cambodia
|Overlooking Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
I love traveling .... also in Cambodia. Most tourists going to Cambodia visit only Siem Reap and not see the rest of Cambodia. I have been now about 10 times in Cambodia but did never go to Siem Reap. But I have some other favourite places in Cambodia :
1. Battambang, Cambodians second largest city and famous for its colonial heritage and of course the pre-Angkor sites nearby. I like the village atmosphere, the colonial buildings and the good French food.
2. Phnom Penh, although a bit a tourist area I do like the riverside boulevard, the good restaurants and the 24h a day street life. Just start walking and look around. I like the Russian market. It is like Bangkok 30 years ago, the more I come in PP the more I like it.
3. Kampong Chhnang, the city itself it not nice but the "river-side" area with the market and the floating village of Vietnamese ethnics is truly amazing. And it makes a good stop-over for the over land tour from PP to Siem Reap.
4. Sihanoukvill, living along the beach in Cambodia. OK there are better beaches but I did spend 3 lovely days here and it was more or less on my way back to Thailand.
5. Should be Siem Reap but I did never have the time to make it over there .... will have to go back to Cambodia for that!