Travel Tips : Everything About Nan town
|View from Wat Khao Noi in Nan, North Thailand|
Nan is a small provincial town in the eastern side of Northern Thailand, in the area bordering Laos. It is the capital city of Nan province. One of the last frontier borders of Thailand. It is a small town, with a historic centre full of beautiful temples. I love Nan because it (still) so easy going, it is a perfect place to take your bicycle and explore the town. It is like Chiang Mai must have been 20 or 30 years ago. And Nan is also the prefect place to use as base to travel to Laos via the international border crossing at Huay Kon. For more information have a look at Destination Travel Guide Nan.
- Wat Phumin with the 4 face Buddha
- Wat Khao Noi for a stunning sunset or sunrise view
- Weekend Market in front Wat Phumin
- Nan National Museum
- Big-C, along route 1091 to Phayao. With banks (Siam Commercial, Kasikorn, Bangkok Bank, Krungthai Bank), food court (good!), KFC, Pizza Hut (or Company?), Watson drugstore and some cloths shops (Levis and MC).
- Tesco-Lotus, along route 101 just before Nan city. Also with banks, food court, KFC and other small shops.
- Makro, along route 101 just before Nan city
- Nara Hyper (old shopping mall) at Thanon Sumon Thewarat
- Thanon Sumon Thewarat is the main street in Nan town and there are many banks, hotels and shops along this road. Also few shops selling traditional hill-tribe cloths and other OTOP products (like the Jangtrakul Shop).
Gasoline stations in Nan town
- Right in town are an PTT station and a Shell station
- When entering Nan town via the 101 from the south there are a 2 PTT stations and 1 Shell station
- When leaving Nan town via the 1091 there is an Bang Chak station
Gasoline stations in Nan province
- In Tha Wang Pha is an PTT station
- In Pua is a PTT station, Bang Chak Station and a Shell station
- In Wang Noi is a PTT station and a Shell station
- In Na Noi is a PTT station and a Bang Chak station
- In Thung Chang is a Bang Chak station