Two days in Vientiane in Laos
|Sunset along the Mekong River in Vientiane|
Walking more west wards (up stream) the park ends and it starts to look again a bit like in the old days. With some simple Lao restaurants & Karaoke's. With small tables setup along the riverside and selling food & Lao beer.
Walking a bit more west wards (up stream) the restaurants seem to upscale and there are even some cocktail bars along the river.
Indeed a great place to relax, eat, drink and enjoy a stunning sunset over the Mekong River with Thailand on the other side.
See you in Vientiane!
A few remarks after 2 days in Vientiane.
* Most people wear helmets while on their motorbike, and better helmets as in Thailand.
* Much less people are playing with their phone or tab in restaurants or on the street
* Vientiane city has changed a lot, not always for the better
* But some old icon's stayed unchanged
* Why does a river stop people from making good French bread
* Vientiane is still a village city