Travel Tips : How to book your flight ticket online with Air Asia?
At 5 June 2015 I made a test booking online with Air Asia and noted what they are trying to sell you while you are booking your cheap flight. In the end there are 8 extra's that they will try to sell to you and some of them you will have to remove / cancel yourself because standard they will be included. Mind you, this might change in the future! Be aware when flying with Air Asia domestic in Thailand : No free baggage and no free inflight meals or drinks. But sometimes the cheapest price! For my review of online booking with Air Asia I started HERE but just follow me step-by-step :
1. Choose your type of flight (Return / One-way / Multi)
2. Choose you place + date of origin and destination
3. Choose number of adults and kids
4. Choose currency (think about currency exchange-rate)
5. Hit "Search"
1. Choose Departure / Return Date + time
2. Choose Departure / Return Fare (Low / Premium Flex)
*If you choose Low fare then they will try to sell you a upgrade ---> Cancel
3. Hit "Continue" (you will be asked to login or continue as guest)
1. Fill in guests details
2. Hit "Continue"
Now it begins ... asking for Departure / Return payment for
1. Check-in baggage ---> No thanks (2 times) = No check-in baggage!!!
2. In-flight meal (starting at 90 THB)
3. Seat selection (starting at 75 THB)
4. Inflight comfort (starting at 300 THB)
5. Insurance ----> No Thanks (2 times)
6. Hit "Continue"
Remark: If I fly a 50min flight for 1 day in Bangkok I do not need check-in baggage, a meal/drink, inflight comfort or insurance. And I actually never make a seat selection. But that all could be different for you.
1. Ask if you want car rental
2. Hit 'Continue"
1. Fill in contact details
2. Payment ... be aware that some payment methods cost money
*Internet banking is free
*Credit card or Debit card can costs money ... like MasterCard would cost you 192 THB
*Counter payment will cost money
*E-Gift voucher cost money