Road Condition Update : From Khon Kaen to Nan
Date : November 2015
* Route 12 from Khon Kaen until about 20-km after Khao Kho the road is in perfect condition. Most of it is a divided highway, but without lights at night. Mind you the part from Khon Kaen to Chumpae is always busy.
* Route 2013 from Route 12 to Nakhon Thai is in perfect condition. This is a just provincial road, not a divided highway!
* Route 1143 from Nakhon Thai to Route 11 is in perfect condition. This is a just provincial road, not a divided highway!
* Route 11 from Uttaradit to Den Chai is in perfect condition. This is a divided highway with partly lights at night.
* Route 101 from Den Chai to Nan is for 90% in perfect condition, but at some points there is work at the road. But this will continue to be like that at "some points" because they are working on it to make the all road to Nan a divided highway. At the moment I would say about 60% is divided highway.
* Route 101 from Nan to Pua is also for 90% in perfect condition, but at some points there is still some work to be done on the road. I assume that soon this all part will be finished. The road has been widened, but it is NOT a divided highway.
* Route 1081 / 1169 from Pua to Santisuk and to Nan is in perfect condition, all road construction is done. The road has been widened, but it is NOT a divided highway.
* Route 12 from Phitsanulok to Lomsak is all in perfect condition. It is a 4-lane highway (2-lane each way), but it is not a divided highway and most parts do not have lights at nights. Also at 3 points they are working on fixing road damage due to land-slides.