The Rice Field Project Part 8 : Final things for electricity on our land
As part of Living in Thailand, the Rice Field Project follows our journey of buying land and preparing it for building our house. This is part 8, to read the other parts click Rice Field.
As you might remember we had made electricity connection to our land from the nearest public electricity pole. See the posting Getting Electricity. The final thing to do was now to make electricity from the electricity meter on the cement pole along the road to our land. Two things were important with this installation :
- First of all I want all electricity wires to be in the ground.
- Secondly I want to be prepared for the near future as of what we will be needing.
So the first thing to do was to find a shop who would be selling the material we needed and then find people who can install everything. Preferable people who have a license for electrical installation. Well we found both at a local electrical installation company who is actually famous all over Nan province. Amazingly they have a better selection of materials as Global House. So we did choose and order all the parts we needed and made an appointment for installation. That was yesterday.
And that was where it did go a little bit typically Thai .... instead of coming a few days before to check the location and what would be really needed that checking was done at 9:00 in the morning on the day of installation yesterday. So the boys doing the real installation showed up at 10:30, then realised that they did forget some material and that a tool that they needed was broken. So they went back to the shop again and came back about 12:00. By that time it was lunch time .... so lunch first and finally at 13:00 they really started to work. And work was done at 16:30.
What was done?
- As preparation we had already installed 2 small cement poles on what 2 enclosures could be installed
- Electricity wires from the electricity meter along the pole down in a yellow pipe. Then crossing a small water stream over an small cement pole we had bought for it. Then the pipe with electricity wires goes into the ground to the first pole where the first enclosure would be installed.
- In the first enclosure there are 2 main switched as preparation for electricity to the be build main house (1) and to the be build guest-room (2).
- From the first enclosure electricity goes to the second enclosure. Here is a switch-box installed with a main switch and 2 exits for electricity for a build-in wall-outlet (1) and for garden lighting (2).
- The main switch board has grounding. This is made with a 1-meter coper stick into the ground. I have my doubts if this works. I will check that later.
This was the 8th part of our ongoing Rice Field Project, to read the other parts click on the tag Rice Field.