Thailand is called the Land of the Free but in Thailand are some laws that some western people coming here as guest might not expect. Like ....
- For flying a drone you need a license.
- All parts of E-Sigarets are illegal (buying, selling, using).
- Since 1 Feb. 2018 it is forbidden to smoke on 24 beaches (mostly where tourists come).
- The government is quite serious about Lese Majesty (the insulting of monarch or other ruler of a country) and you could result in free housing & limited food for 15 years.
- The government is quite serious about anything that could endanger the national security (see point 4).
- All kind of drugs, also what people in western countries would call soft-drugs, is a big NO in Thailand and carries a heavy jail-time or death penalty.