Travel Tips : The law in Thailand
Thailand is called the Land of the Free but in Thailand are some laws that some western people coming here as guest might not expect. Like ....
- For flying a drone you need a license.
- All parts of E-Sigarets are illegal (buying, selling, using).
- Since 1 Feb. 2018 it is forbidden to smoke on 24 beaches (mostly where tourists come).
- The government is quite serious about Lese Majesty (the insulting of monarch or other ruler of a country) and you could result in free housing & limited food for 15 years.
- The government is quite serious about anything that could endanger the national security (see point 4).
- All kind of drugs, also what people in western countries would call soft-drugs, is a big NO in Thailand and carries a heavy jail-time or death penalty.