Road Condition Update : Nan province
Here a oversight of road conditions in Nan province, North Thailand as of April 2018. For more information about the beautiful Nan province see Traveling 2 Nan - Thailand.
Route 101Basically this all route is in good condition all the way from Phrae, entering Nan and ending at Huai Kon at the Thai - Lao border. But there are a few things you should know
- In the section between Phrae and Wiang Sa are at 2 places road constructions going on to make the road 4 lanes. This road constructions will be going on for at least 6 to 10 months. The most northern part is almost finished but the southern part is not even at 50%.
- At Tha Wang Pha (45km north of Nan town) is construction going on for making a 4 lane bridge. This work is now at 50% and I assume it will be going on for at least 6 months.
- The bridge crossing the Nan River just south of Tha Wang Pha is new but in bad condition, do not drive fast there.
- Many parts (most?) of route 101 is 4 lanes, some parts are still old 2 lanes like near Chiang Klang.
- From Thung Chang to Huai Kon route 101 is 2 lanes but is reasonable good condition. But the last 3km to the border is in bad condition with a lot of put holes.
- Route 1256 from Pua to Bo Klua : This route is basically for 70% in good condition after recent road constructions that are now finished. The last part if still in old condition but reasonable good.
- Route 1081 from Huai Kon to Bo Klua : Is in poor condition. About 10km north of Bo Klua road construction is going on, although I assume this will be finished soon.
- Route 1081 from Bo Klua to Pua : In good condition. About 10km south of Bo Klua there is road construction going on at 2 small bridges. And about 20km further are so parts of the road swopped away by landslides. But they are marked very well.
- Route 1333 (1350) and route 1257 : This both routes are the back route to/from Bo Klua and are in mixed condition of reasonable to bad. Especially route 127.
- Route 1169 from Nan to Santisuk : This route is mostly in good condition although there might still be some road construction going on at some parts.
- Route 1169 from Nan to Mae Charim : This route is all in good condition.
- Route 1243 from Mae Charim to Bo Bia in Uttaradit : This route is an mix of good, reasonable and bad condition. The beginning is good, then there is a long part with a lot of put holes. Then there is about 40km brand new road and a last 20km of old partly put holed road.
- Route 1026 from Wiang Sa to Pak Lai : Is all in reasonable to good condition with a few put holed or gravel sections.
- Route 1216 from Na Noi to route 101 : Is all in reasonable to good condition with a few put holed or gravel sections.
- Route 1083 from Na Noi to Uttaradit province : Is all in reasonable to good condition with a few put holed or gravel sections.
- Route 1091 from Nan to Phayao province : Is all in reasonable to good condition.
- Route 1148 from Tha Wang Pha to Chiang Rai province : Is all in reasonable to good condition. But with a lot of curves and some very steep curves.
- Route 1097 from Song Kwae to Chiang Klang : Is all in reasonable condition with a few put holes sections.
- Route 4017 to Manipruek : Is an mix from from reasonable to bad condition. And there might still be some road construction going on.
- Route 1307 to Phu Phayak : Is an mix from from reasonable to bad condition and very bad condition with a lot of put holes.