I love traveling by train so we took the train from Kampot to Phnom Penh. Mind you the train only goes at weekends & holidays. We had been to the train station the day before to buy our tickets. For just 7us$ you travel the whole 118km to Phnom Penh. Our train was supposed to leave at 9:00am but in reality did arrive from Shinoekville at 10:30am. And we arrived at 15:00 in Phnom Penh so it took us about 4hr30min to travel. Top speed of the train was 52km/hr while we would also go sometimes just 20km/hr. No problem we enjoyed our ride. I had planned a late lunch in Phnom Penh but that became a early dinner. And although there is a kind of kitchen in the train there was only served noodle-soup and drinks. So luckily we stopped halfway and had 10min time to buy some snacks at the train station. It was a great ride going thru Cambodian countryside but you should be flexibele in your time schedule for traveling. Following are some photos of traveling thru the upcountry landscape of Cambodia.
The official schedule is :
- Every Friday at 15:00 from PP to Sihanoukville
- Every Saturday at 7:00 from PP to Sihanoukville
- Every Saturday at 7:00 from Sihanoukville to PP
- Every Sunday at 7:00 and 16:00 from PP to Sihanoukville
- Every Sunday at 7:00 and 16:00 from Sihanoukville to PP
- Every Monday at 7:00 from Sihanoukville to PP