Travel Tips : About Kampot in Cambodia
Kampot is a small provincial town at a river delta along the coast of Cambodia, famous for its Pepper, its laid-back way of life and the colonial French architecture. It is about 130km south of Phnom Penh and can be reached in the weekend & holiday by train. But a taxi or bus might be easier. Over land from Kampot you can travel to Sihanoukville (100km), Kep (30km), Vietnamese border (50Km) and Bokor National Park & Hill Station (40km). By boat you can travel from Kampot to Kep or to nearby islands with stunning beaches.
Kampot is a great area for Stand Up Paddling (SUP), Kayaking, Bicycling or Visiting pepper plantations. Or you could just sit down, relax and have a pizza at one of the many Happy Pizza Restaurants. Where to stay in Kampot? I mean the area not the hotel. If staying in town I think you should stay along the riverside.
Just some names to mention :
- Magic Sponge Guesthouse, a wonderful place with a good restaurant serving Cambodian, Indian and Western food. And a great venue for music.
- Ny Ny Hotel, with simple but clean rooms and friendly staff. Good value for money.
- Jack's Place, a restaurant & travel agency.
- Moi Tiet Pub, a lounge & pub near the riverside with live music shows.
- The Fish Market Lounge, a bit upscale place to enjoy sunset, food & drinks.
- The Columns Hotel, a lovely small hotel in beautiful renovated colonial shophouses.
- Kampot Boutique Hotel, a brand new hotel with big comfortable rooms.
- Blue Buddha Hotel, an apartment style hotel with spacious simple rooms.
- Twin Home Guesthouse, a lovely small guesthouse with clean rooms right along the riverside.