Travel Tips : Self driving and renting a car in Thailand
- Cheapest car is only 690 THB per day if you pay NOW
- But you get some discount for booking 14 days so rental fee for 14 days would be 9028 THB
- But the prices are exclusive of VAT and all other things like Personal Accident Insurance, Extra Driver, GPS, Theft Insurance, No-Claim Waiver, Baby seat, etc
- If you book all extra's the price in the end would be 23.703 THB!!
- I would recommend to take all the extra insurances, as it is worth the money in relation to the risk.
- This booking (14 days, cheapest car) but without some extra's would be 16.251 THB
- Much cheaper as the first price but still 1.160 THB per day instead of 690 THB per day
Mind you, renting a GPS or baby seat at Avis costs 200 THB per day or in 14 days 2.800 THB. Well you get a bit discount for 14 days rental, so some extra's end-up being 160 THB per day. This is not a rant against Avis, I just happen to use them for a test. I assume other companies will do the same. Also be aware with Avis that there are different Avis websites to start your booking. I used Avis Thailand. And that is a bit different as AVIS where the same cheap booking (without some extra's) would cost 17.422 THB. That is 1.171 THB more as at the other Avis website????