Road condition update : Nan province
Here a oversight of road conditions in Nan province, North Thailand as of December 2018. Be aware that road conditions can change very quick, good roads now are no guarantee for good roads tomorrow. For more information about the beautiful Nan province in North Thailand see Destination Travel Guide Nan, North Thailand.
Route 101Basically this all route is in good condition all the way from Phrae, entering Nan and ending at Huai Kon at the Thai - Lao border. But there are a few things you should know
- In the section between just north of Rong Kwang there is still 1 section of road constructions going on to make the road 4 lanes (about 10 km long). This road constructions will be going on for at least 6 months.
- The bridge crossing the Nan River just south of Tha Wang Pha is new but in bad condition, do not drive fast there. This is an ongoing status.
- North of Thung Chang is a section of about 20 km that is being changed into 4 lanes, so there is heavy road construction.
- Between Pua and Chiang Klang is a section of about 5 km that is being changed into 4 lanes (or just made wider?), so there is heavy road construction.
- From Thung Chang to Huai Kon route 101 is 2 lanes but is reasonable good condition. But the last 3 km to the border is in bad condition with a lot of put holes.