The Rice Field Project Part 30 : Last update of 2018
As part of Living in Thailand, the Rice Field Project follows our journey of buying land, preparing it for building our house and finally building our house. This is part 30, to read the other parts click The Rice Field Project. We bought the land in September & November 2017. The construction of the house started 29 October 2018. This will be the last update of 2018, see you back in 2019. As you can see in the photo above "Safety First".
Status report at 19 December 2018 :
- Fundaments are fully done
- Poles are going up to a ground floor at 2.30m instead of the planned 2.00m
- All beams on ground floor are done
- Ground floor is done (partly prefab parts)
- Poles are going up to roof
- Walls are and window beams are 80% done
- Some wooden door frames are installed
- Fundaments for front & back stairs are made
- Start of the steel roof frame
This year should be finished all the wall, door frames, window beams, rood (incl. roof tiles). Costs of only the steel for the roof frame : 85.000 Thai baht! In the process we did change the location / size of 2 windows and added 1 window. And changed the location of 1 part of a wall.
In the meanwhile we did choose a nearby shop to buy the wooden doors for in the house. The construction company will order the type of doors we want. This are extra costs, as we did not like the standard doors. And we have been looking to other houses and more or less made a decision about the colour of the house. And we have been to Chiang Mai to look to tiles & toilets, etc. for the bathroom. And we did find out we can order just as well everything at Global House in Nan. They actually just upgraded their showroom. Following are some photos of the building process.