This is part 18 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Sa Kaeo province is a bit diffcult as where it is in Thailand. It is not in North-East Thailand or the Eastern Seaboard, but it is also not really Central Thailand? Well lets say it is Central Thailand. Most tourists will only be passing Sa Kaeo province going to Khorat or going to Cambodia.
And so actually also for me, since 2000 I have been passing Sa Kaeo a few times traveling to Khorat and making a visa-run. But once I stayed overnight in Aranya Phrathet to travel the next day to Cambodia. But the photo above is not mine, and actually I should visit some of the beautiful Khmer temples in Sa Kaeo.
How to get to Sa Keo province?
- ✈️ Not by air as there is no airport, nearest airport is in Nakhon Ratchasima
- By car or motorbike via route 33
- By bus from Mochit Bus Terminal in Bangkok
- By train from Bangkok
Popular destinations in Sa Kaeo province
- Aranya Phrathet Thai-Cambodian International border
- Rong Kluea Market (at the border)
- Prasat Skok Kok Thom (ancient Khmer ruins)
- Prasat Khao Noi
- Pang Sida National Park