Traveling in Mae Hong Son province in North Thailand
|Karen Longneck girl in Mae Hong Son, North Thailand|
Last year I did make a posting about counting all the provinces I had been in Thailand. And I saw I have been to (stayed in) 48 provinces out of the 76. So in the coming months I will travel via my postings from the most southern province I have been to the most northern province, with some photos and information about each province. This is part 23 of the 47 (out of the 77) provinces where I have at least stayed overnight once. Mae Hong Son province borders with Myanmar and is an originally isolated province that became famous for its Long Neck hill-tribe people and the famous Mae Hong Son Loop to do by motorbike. The capital town is of course Mae Hong Son. Although I have been many times traveling to Mae Hong Son between 2000 and 2005 I never made many photos and in my travel blog I only made 2 postings about Mae Hong Son.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Mae Hong Son lake in town
- Burmese temples like Wat Chong Kham & Wat Hua Wiang
- Kiew Lom Viewpoint
- Mae Hong Son Mountain (viewpoint over Mae Hong Son town)
- Hill tribe villages like Ban Rak Thai and Pang Ung
How to get to Mae Hong Son province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Chiang Mai via route 1095 as part of the famous Mae Hong Son Loop.
- ✈️ the Airport of Mae Hong Son (HGN) is serving daily flights from Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- 🚞 nearest Train Station is in Chiang Mai.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North Thailand and of course from Bangkok.