This is part 21 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Rayong province is along the Eastern Seaboard and will be by most tourist be known for Koh Samet or U-Tapao International Airport. For Thai people Rayong is known as Thailands biggest industrial zone (Mathaput).
For me personal it was in 1995 that I was for the first time in Rayong province, to stay 1 night along the sea at Rayong town. Just as stop-over traveling from Koh Chang to Don Muang Airport, as we had been reading that Rayong was a popular destination for people from Bangkok. Much later (starting in 2003) I would go many times to Ban Phe, Koh Samet and Hat Mae Runphueang. Or visit the waterfalls at Khao Samao National Park. And later I would also make some motorbike tours in Rayong province.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Hat Mae Rumphueang (longest beach of Thailand)
- Hat Suan Son
- Koh Samet
- Khao Samao National Park
- Phala Beach
- Phayun Beach
- Ban Phe (ferry to Koh Samet)
- Hat Mea Phim
- Leam Tan
- HTMS Phrasae Memorial
- Phrasae Mangrove Forrest
How to get to Rayong province?
- Not by Train as there is no rail-road. Nearest train station is in Sattahip.
- By Car or Motorbike from Bangkok or Pattaya by route 7 & Route 36, Sukhumvit road (route 3) or Route 344
- ✈️ By Airplane to U-Tapao International Airport (UTP)
- By Bus from Ekmai Bus Terminal in Bangkok or from Pattaya Northern Bus Terminal