This is part 34 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Sakhon Nakhon province is located in the Northern-East of North-East Thailand and clockwise surrounded by Bueng Kan province, Nakhon Phanom province, Mukdahan province, Kalasin province and Udon Thani province. Of course the capital town is named Sakhon Nakhon and is famous for its huge lake with beautiful lotus flowers.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Phu Phan National Park
- Phu Pha Yoi National Park
- For motorbike riders : Snake Curves in route 213
- Nong Han Lake (near Sakhon Nakhon town)
- Nam Un Lake
- Phra That Phu Phek ancient Khmer temple
- Ban Tharae Catholic Community (ruins)
- Prasat Ban Phan Na (ancient Khmer temple)
- Thai So Museum
- Seri Thai Cave
How to get to Sakhon Nakhon province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 2 and route 22
- ✈️ the airport of Sakhon Nakhon (SNO) serves daily flights to Don Muang Airport in Bangkok with Air Asia and Nok Air.
- 🚞 the nearest Train Station is in Udon Thani.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North-East Thailand and of course from Bangkok.