Travel Tips : Getting a visa for Vietnam
June 2019 : For traveling to Vietnam most people need a visa, although some countries are exempted from a visa. Like people from most asian countries, Thailand included, will get a 30 days visa free entry to Vietnam. There are a few ways to get a visa for Vietnam :
- Go to an embassy of Vietnam and apply for an visa, but that might be a bit time consuming. For the embassy in Bangkok see : Vietnam Embassy in Thailand (warning : there are many websites that pretend to be an embassy website)
- Get an Visa On Arrival on-line. But be aware that you are actually not getting a visa but you are getting a Letter of Approval to get an Visa On Arrival (VOA). So on-line you apply & pay for the Letter of Approval. Then at the border you will get & pay for a Visa on Arrival.
- Be aware that the websites offering the Visa On Arrival for Vietnam are private business (travel companies) and that not all are real or offering correct & good service.
- Be aware that the Visa On Arrival are only valid for 5 International Airports. Not for land crossings!
- For a full & good explanation of this process have a look at My Vietnam Visa.