About Waterfalls in Nan province
|Locals swimming at Sila Phet|
In the green mountains of Nan province are many waterfalls, in Thai called Namtok. All waterfalls can be visited daily from 9:00 - 17:00, all year around but are best to be visited at the end of the raining season or during the cool season. Almost all waterfalls in Nan province are free to visit but some waterfalls are inside a National Park and some National Parks will charge an entrance fee. During heavy rains / bad weather waterfalls or National Parks can be closed.
Within Nan province I did visit the following waterfalls :
- Namtok Sapan at Ban Sapan (near Bo Klua)
- Namtok Sila Phet at Sila Phet (5 km from Pua)
- Namtok Tat Luang about about 10 km from Sila Phet)
- Namtok Tat Man near Chiang Klang
For more about waterfalls see other postings about Waterfalls in Nan province.
Within Nan province there are actually a few more waterfalls that are still on my list of to-do :
- Namtok Huai Rong about 3 km from route 101 to Phrae
- Namtok Santisuk waterfall along the road to Nanthaburi National Park
- Namtok Tat Tong along route 1279 north of Song Kwae
- Namtok Hong Wiang Chan & Huai Hat, both in Tham Sakoen National Park
- Namtok Wang Pian is north of Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Namtok Ton Tong is near HQ of Doi Phu Kha National Park
- Namtok Phu Fa is in Doi Phu Kha National Park.
For more information about Nan province have a look at Destination Travel Guide Nan.