Travel Tips : When can you go on holiday to Thailand again?
|Message of the CAAT|
In regards to the current status of the worldwide Corona Crisis I read on many internet flora questions about when people can travel again to Thailand. The short answers is "Nobody knows". But let's have a closer look to what we know as of 26 May 2020.
- International travel to/from Thailand will be banned until least until 30 June 2020.
- Borders between Thailand and Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar/Malaysia will be closed until at least 30 June 2020.
- Domestic traveling within Thailand starts to open a little bit, although some provinces (like Nan) still require a 14 days quarantine when arriving in their province.
- Also international travel to/from Europe will be blocked until 15 June 2020.
- All travel regulations can be changed and/or extended.
- Currently for the limited repatriation flights Thailand are strict health checks and 14 days quarantine at state appointed places.
- Daily life in Thailand is still limited although some airports, shopping malls, hotels, etc. are opening.
- Compulsory use of face-mask in public areas like restaurants, shops, etc.
- There are currently compulsory health checks at shops & hotels.
- Although some parts of public life are opening again, life is still far from normal in Thailand.
- In Thailand there is still an emergency decree applicable.
My personal advice :
- Forget international traveling to/from Thailand before 30 July 2020.
- And even if international travel to/from Thailand is allowed again then expect healthy checks and other regulations like health certificate, health insurance, etc.
- On the safe side I would forget holiday traveling to Thailand until 30 October 2020.
- On the safe side I would not book flights / holidays to Thailand for the year 2020. Also not for after 30 October 2020. For flights / holidays after 30 October 2020 I would wait until mid October 2020.
When planning any international traveling be aware of the regulations at both your destination country & home country. Even if you have no problem at your destination country your home country could have regulations for returning home.
Expect international traveling in 2020 & at least a part of 2021 to be totally different as we have been used to. Expect health checks, expect to compulsory use of face-mask, etc.
Expect experiences at big hotels to be totally different as we have been used to. Expect no big buffet breakfasts, etc.