Review of my Shark Spartan Carbon helmet
In October 2014 I bought a Shark SpeedR Carbon and it served me well in the years, so when it was time to be replaced I wanted to buy just the same helmet again. But the SpeedR model is discontinued by Shark (although you still see them for sale). So I looked at other helmets from Shark and that are for sale in Thailand. And I found the Shark Spartan Carbon. Buying a good helmet in Nan province is impossible so I contacted Shark Thailand and they came up with 2 dealers in Chiang Mai : Chang Moto and Helmet2Home. So I contacted both of them to ask if they had the helmet in stock in size M and L. Both said yes. But knowing TIT I had my doubts already.
very tight, as I thought my old helmet is actually size M.
About the helmet
First impressions :
- Light weight, although about 100gr more as my SpeedR (but that was size M)
- Internal sun-visor
- Open/close of sun-visor with sliding-switch in the middle of the helmet.
- Helmets fits good
- Good air flow inside
- Visor closes very good
- But at speed above 80km/h and with closed visor a weird buzz comes in. I feels/sounds like wind is coming in but not out.
- No weird tune when riding with open visor (my SpeedR had that).
- Removing the visor is a bit less easy as on my SpeedR
- Removing & installing of the inner-lining is a bit less easy as with my SpeedR