Ban Sapan is a small village in the mountains of Doi Phu Kha and along the Wa River. Ban Sapan is about 15 km north of Bo Klua and became a popular destinations since about 2017. It is all about location and the location of Ban Sapan in a valley is indeed stunning. The area of Ban Sapan known to tourists consists of 4 parts :
- 1 = Along route 1081
- 2 = Along the Wa River before the village
- 3 = The village itself
- 4 = The valley north-east of the village
And it is amazing how much development is going on here. In 2015 it was just a village without accommodation. In 2021 there are many homestay, camping and even some restaurants and coffee shops. Be aware that Ban Sapan is about 94 km north of Nan town.
How to get to Ban Sapan?Ban Sapan is within Bo Klua district and about 12 - 15 km north of Bo Klua village
- By public transport you will first have to take the Orange Bus from Nan town to Pua and then in Pua change to a Songtheauw to Bo Klua and from there another Songtheauw to Ban Sapan. You can privately hire a Songtheauw in Pua so you can make a nice trip to Ban Sapan and stop along the way when you want.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 to Pua and then follow the signs for Doi Phu Kha National Park and follow route 1256 to Bo Klua. In Bo Klua follow the signs Ban Sapan (at the T-intersection go left). After about 12 km there is a road to the right with a sign for Ban Sapan
For information about other places in Nan province click on their name below here.
What to do in Ban Sapan?The main attractions of Ban Sapan is the location in a valley surrounded by the mountains of Doi Phu Kha and bordering Laos. In the early morning you have a beautiful sunrise over the mountains.
Things to do in & near Ban Sapan are :
For more things to do read my Travel Blog about Ban Sapan
Food & Beverages in Ban Sapan
- Casa Ya Thip Restaurant
- Sapan Coffee
- Slow Bar & Coffee
- Saal Opong Restaurant @ Sapan
- Long Sapan Coffee & Restaurant
Accommodation in Ban SapanPrice category taking in account the high-season prices :
฿ Under 600 ฿ (Hostels, Guesthouses)
฿฿ 600 - 1.100 ฿ (Boutique style Guesthouse)
฿฿฿ 1.100 - 3.000 ฿ (Midrange Hotels & Resorts)
฿฿฿฿ 3.000 - 10.000 ฿ (Boutique Hotels & Resort)
- At Mee Sapan Borklua Nan 📌 ฿฿
- Bo Klua River Hills 📌
- Ban Sapan Retreat
- Doi Ing Dao
- Cabinwood @ Sapan ฿฿
- Casa Ya Thip Boutique Resort
- Long Sapan
- Me Sug Home ฿฿
- Mong View Sapan Resort
- Nature De Sapan
- Oun I Mang Camping📌 ฿฿
- Sapan Countdown ฿฿
- Sapan Dee View Camping
- Sapan See View ฿฿
- Sapan Rice Barn
- Song Mueng Camping 📌 ฿฿
- The Sapan Forest
- Times Sapan
If you can read Thai then the next map of Ban Sapan will be helpful
Where to go next?
For most people Ban Sapan is an end destination and going back would be going to Pua or Nan town. But going north you could go to Phu Phayak or Huai Kon (the border with Laos).
Map of Ban Sapan
Disclaimer : All information is created in good faith and is an expression of fair comment.