This is part 23 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Mae Hong Son province borders with Myanmar and is an originally isolated province that became famous for its Long Neck hill-tribe people and the famous Mae Hong Son Loop to do by motorbike. The capital town is of course Mae Hong Son. Although I have been many times traveling to Mae Hong Son between 2000 and 2005 I never made many photos and in my travellogue I only made 2 postings about Mae Hong Son. If you are interested to visit Mae Hong Son or any other place in Northeast or North Thailand, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Mae Hong Son lake in town
- Burmese temples like Wat Chong Kham & Wat Hua Wiang
- Kiew Lom Viewpoint
- Mae Hong Son Mountain (viewpoint over Mae Hong Son town)
- Hill tribe villages like Ban Rak Thai and Pang Ung
How to get to Mae Hong Son province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Chiang Mai via route 1095 as part of the famous Mae Hong Son Loop.
- ✈️ the Airport of Mae Hong Son (HGN) is serving daily flights from Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- 🚞 nearest Train Station is in Chiang Mai.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North Thailand and of course from Bangkok.