This is part 22 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Phetchabun province is at the Northwest side of Northeast Thailand, bordering Central Thailand and North Thailand. The capital city of Phetchabun province is of course Phetchabun. If you are interested to visit Phetchabun or any other place in Northeast or North Thailand, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
For me personally it is was probably in 2014 that I did go for the first time to Phetchabun, making a motorbike trip with friends. As Phetchabun province is home to mountains it is a great area for motorbike riding. Also Khao Kho has become a tourist destination for people from Bangkok, in the past this was the battleground between the Thai government and the Communist Party of Thailand. It is a wonderful totally off the beaten track province of North-East Thailand, not only for motorbike riding but also for exploring the real Thailand. For more postings click on the label Phetchabun province. Following are a few photos I made while motorbike riding in Phetchabun province.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Khao Kho
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Si Thep Historical Park
- Phu Thap Boek
- Nam Nao National Park
- Wat Phrathat Songkeauw
How to get to Phetchabun province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 1 and route 21. From Phitsanulok or Khon Kaen via route 12 and route 21.
- ✈️ nearest commercial airport would be Loei (although Phetchabun has an airport)
- 🚞 nearest train station would be Phitsanulok
- 🚌 from all major cities in North-East Thailand and of course from Bangkok.