This is part 22 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Phetchabun province is at the North-western side of North-East Thailand, bordering Central Thailand and North Thailand. The capital city of Phetchabun province is of course Phetchabun.
For me personally it is was probably in 2014 that I did go for the first time to Phetchabun, making a motorbike trip with friends. As Phetchabun province is home to mountains it is a great area for motorbike riding. Also Khao Kho has become a tourist destination for people from Bangkok, in the past this was the battleground between the Thai government and the Communist Party of Thailand. It is a wonderful totally off the beaten track province of North-East Thailand, not only for motorbike riding but also for exploring the real Thailand. For more postings click on the label Phetchabun province. Following are a few photos I made while motorbike riding in Phetchabun province.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Khao Kho
- Thung Salaeng Luang National Park
- Tat Mok National Park
- Si Thep Historical Park
- Phu Thap Boek
- Nam Nao National Park
- Wat Phrathat Songkeauw
How to get to Phetchabun province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 1 and route 21. From Phitsanulok or Khon Kaen via route 12 and route 21.
- ✈️ nearest commercial airport would be Loei (although Phetchabun has an airport)
- 🚞 nearest train station would be Phitsanulok
- 🚌 from all major cities in North-East Thailand and of course from Bangkok.