This is part 21 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Rayong province is along the Eastern Seaboard and will be by most tourist be known for Koh Samet or U-Tapao International Airport. For Thai people Rayong is known as Thailands biggest industrial zone (Mathaput).
For me personal it was in 1995 that I was for the first time in Rayong province, to stay 1 night along the sea at Rayong town. Just as stop-over traveling from Koh Chang to Don Muang Airport, as we had been reading that Rayong was a popular destination for people from Bangkok. Much later (starting in 2003) I would go many times to Ban Phe, Koh Samet and Hat Mae Runphueang. Or visit the waterfalls at Khao Samao National Park. And later I would also make some motorbike tours in Rayong province. If you are interested to visit Rayong, Koh Samet or any other place in Northeast or North Thailand, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Hat Mae Rumphueang (longest beach of Thailand)
- Hat Suan Son
- Koh Samet
- Khao Samao National Park
- Phala Beach
- Phayun Beach
- Ban Phe (ferry to Koh Samet)
- Hat Mea Phim
- Leam Tan
- HTMS Phrasae Memorial
- Phrasae Mangrove Forrest
How to get to Rayong province?
- Not by Train as there is no rail-road. Nearest train station is in Sattahip.
- By Car or Motorbike from Bangkok or Pattaya by route 7 & Route 36, Sukhumvit road (route 3) or Route 344
- ✈️ By Airplane to U-Tapao International Airport (UTP)
- By Bus from Ekmai Bus Terminal in Bangkok or from Pattaya Northern Bus Terminal