This is part 28 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Lampang province is just before Chiang Mai province and is located in between the mountains of North Thailand. Lampang town along the Wang River is a small provincial city that is home to many old Lanna style temples, small streets with old wooden houses. A bit like Chiang Mai must have been 30 years ago. For Thai people Lampang is famous for its ceramic factories. I think that 70% of the ceramic sold in Thailand comes from Lampang. Lampang town is one of my favourite places in North Thailand and it was around 1995 that I came for the first time in Lampang. I love the beautiful gingerbread house, old teak wooden houses and the small streets. And upcountry Lampang province offers beautiful mountains, lakes and small villages. Following are some photos I made in the passing years coming to Lampang.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Wat Phra That Luang Lampang
- Historical center of Lampang
- Chae Son National Park
- Kad Kong Ta Market
- Dhanabadee Ceramic Center
- Ban Sao Nak
- Horse carriage ride
- Kiew Lom Dam
How to get to Lampang province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route route 32 and route 1.
- ✈️ the Airport of Lampang (LPT) is served daily by flights from Bangkok.
- 🚞 the Train Station of Lampang is along the Northern Railroad between Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North Thailand and of course from Bangkok.