This is part 30 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Tak province borders on the west with Myanmar and on the east with Sukhothai, while north you will find Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai. And on the south you will find Kanchanaburi province. A province of the beaten tourist track but an important place in the West-East Corridor of North Thailand.
Begin 2000's I came here a few time to stay overnight while traveling to Chiang Mai and while motorbike riding I did make it also a few times a destination to stay overnight. Tak town is not really a tourist destination but if you have to stay anywhere in that area then Tak makes a good base. And as I now search for photos of Tak I must say I do not find them in my photo source of almost 15.000 photos. But actually border area has stunning mountains, waterfalls and is a great area to travel. So I will need more time! If you are interested to visit Tak, Mae Sot or any other place in Northeast or North Thailand, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Boulevard along the Ping River in Tak town
- International Thai-Myanmar Border at Mae Sot
- Mae Sot Border Market in Mae Sot
- Lang Sang National Park
- Mae Tuen Wildlife Sanctuary
- Taksin Maharat National Park
How to get to Tak province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 32 and route 1
- ✈️ the Airport of Tak (TKT) is future planning, the nearest airport is in Sukhothai.
- 🚞 the nearest Train Station is in Phitsanulok or Lampang
- 🚌 from all major cities in North Thailand and of course from Bangkok.