This is part 38 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. Ubon Ratchathani province is in the most south-eastern part of North-East Thailand and borders Laos and Cambodia. The capital town of course is Ubon Ratchathani. Be aware that many times Ubon Ratchathani is just called Ubon. Now it is weird, although I have been quit a few times in Ubon I actually did not write much about it. And I did also not much photos in Ubon. Of course I went a few times to Ubon as stop-over to travel to Laos. And I did once travel along the Thai-Lao and Thai Cambodian border. Beautiful mountains, waterfalls and stunning views.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Siridorn Lake
- Two Colour River Point at Khong Chiam
- Kaeang Tana National Park
- Chong Mek Thai-Lao International Border (to Pakse, Laos)
- Phu Chong Na Noi National Park along the Lao and Cambodian border
- Emerald Triangle at Chonk Bok
- Wat Thung Si Muang
- Ubon Ratchathani National Museum
- Candle Festival (July or August)
- Phibun Mangsahan
- Sam Phan Bok
- Bok Luek Waterfall
How to get to Ubon Ratchathani province?
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 2 and route 24
- ✈️ the Airport of Ubon Ratchathani (UBP) is in the middle of Ubon town and is serving daily flight to Bangkok (DMK & BKK) and Chiang Mai (CNX).
- 🚞 the Train Station of Ubon is the end-station of the Eastern North-East Railroad line from Bangkok.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North-East Thailand and of course from Bangkok. But also from places like Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai or Phuket. And of course from Pakse in Laos.
|Relaxing along the Mekong River, Thailand|