This is part 35 of the 48 (out of the 77) of all the provinces in Thailand I have stayed at least 1 night. . Yasothon province is in the souther part of North-East Thailand. And of course the capital town is Yasothon. In English you will see it also sometimes written as Yasothon.
Personally it was somewhere in 2004 that I was for the first and only time in Yasothon, on invitation of family of friends living there. And to watch and enjoy the famous Bun Bang Fai Festival. In English called Rocket Festival and it is held yearly in May. It is a 3 days festival with of course music, party, dancing, drinking and the competitive firing of home-made rockets. And not small rockets but the size that they could enter airspace for airplanes. A great festival and highly recommended to go to. Unfortunately I did not made any photos and I did never come back to Yasothon province anymore.
Popular Travel Destinations
- Rocket Festival (Bun Bang Fai)
- Phra That Kong Khao Nou
- Baan Singha Tha (old Chinese community in Yasothon town)
- Dong Muang Toey (ancient Khmer town)
- Pha Tham Phra (cave)
- Nang Non Waterfall
How to get to Yasothon province
- 🚘 🛵 from Bangkok via route 2 and route 23.
- ✈️ nearest airport is in Ubon Ratchathani.
- 🚞 nearest train station is in Ubon Ratchathani.
- 🚌 from all major cities in North-East Thailand and of course from Bangkok.