As there will not be any traveling in the next few months I will update you about living in Social Distance at StayHome during the Corona Crisis in Thailand. I started this StayHome thread on 22 March 2020 but actually since 15 March 2020 we are in a kind of self chosen isolation, we only go to town for shopping. This is week 8 at 17 May 2020. As usual I will start with the air pollution. According to Air Visual we now have a US AQI of 51 (moderate) with an pm2.5 of 12.1 µg/m3. In the meanwhile it is still bloody hot and we have some summer storms but not much rain. I am praying for rain! And I am not religious! Photo above was taken on 16 May at 6:17 and the photo below was taken on 9 May at 18:27. Both photos were taken with my Huawei P30 Lite.
Our life here is boring, just sleeping, eating, taking care of the garden, buy food. Slow life of Nan actually did not change much. No cues of people who not have food. Farmers still farm, cows & chickens still walk around and our dog is chasing them. And it still very very hot. At 5:30am it is still not hot but from 7:30am it starts to be hot and in the afternoon the mercury will reach the 40℃. And as you guessed the raining season did still not really start. But what is the current COVID19 situation in Nan province?
- Officially there have never been COVID19 cases in Nan province.
- Going outside you need to wear a face mask.
- There is a curfew from 23:00 to 4:00.
- Alchohol can be sold again. That said of course the most Pap & Mom shops never stopped selling it.
- Hotels are still closed. That said it looks like you can actually book hotels in Nan right now via Booking or Agoda.
- Open air restaurants can serve food again but no alcohol serving. And there needs to be space between tables. And only 2 people per table.
- Open air Coffee Shops are open again with the same rules as restaurants.
- Massage places and entertainment places are still closed.
- All shops are open again. That said most shops have never been closed.
- At big shops like BigC and Tesco-Lotus your temperature is taken, you need to clean you hands and you get a cue-number. The latter gives the idea that a maximum number of people are allowed to go in the shop but it seems not to be like that.
- All families go shopping in BigC, luckily Tesco-Lotus is less busy.
- Global House is open again.
- National Parks, Waterfalls and other tourist attractions like temples are still closed.
- Air Asia, the only airline flying on Nan Nakhon Airport, will start to fly again at 1 July 2020.
- At the entrance roads of the province are still check-point where your health is checked and your reason for going to Nan province. If you are coming from a covid hot-spot area you will need to go in 14 day quarantine. If you have fever you will need to be tested for covid19 and be quarantined to wait for the test results. If necessary the government of Nan will provide you with quarantine accommodation.
- As all borders are still closed, of course also the border at Huai Kon is closed. But cargo transport is still allowed to cross the border.
|Sunset behind the Wat Phuket in Pua, North Thailand|