Ban Sakad is a small hill-tribe village in the mountains of Doi Phu Kha, about 20 km from Pua town, at a height of about 1.000m above sea-level. The location on the slopes of the mountains and the slow life are the main attraction of Ban Sakad. And the unknown little village is becoming a popular destination for Thai tourists. Hurry up before is becomes another Pai!
Orientation in Ban SakadBan Sakad is an assembly of 3 villages of different hill-tribes, so there is Ban Sakad Tai, Ban Sakad Klang and Ban Sakad Nua. And Ban Sakad Klang has a lower part and an upper part. But basically there are only 3 roads, in the beginning of the village area you arrive at a crossroad. To the left goes to Ban Sakad Klang (lower part) and Ban Sakad Nua. Straight ahead goes very steep up to Ban Sakad Klang (upper part). And to the right goes to Ban Sakad Tai. Be aware that the latter road ends at a steep part without option to make a u-turn. Be aware that the road to Ban Sakad is a dead-end just after the village (at least for cars). And be aware that most houses can only be reached by foot. So there is very limited place for parking your car. For information about other places in Nan province click on their name below here.
|Map of Ban Sakad in Nan province, North Thailand|
How to get there & away?
- By private transport (car or motorbike) : From Pua town first follow route 101 in direction of Chiang Klang then after about 4 km take a right to Ban Na Fang and follow this road until almost the end in village. Here take a left to Ban Sakad. Be aware that the road to Ban Sakad is sometimes steep (you go from 250m high to 1.000m high) and at some parts the road is not in very good condition. Also be aware that after rain there could be a landslide and the road could be blocked.
- By public transport : From Pua Songtheauw Station you can take a songtheauw to Ban Sakad.
|Route from Pua to Ban Sakad in Nan province, North Thailand|
What to do in Ban Sakad?Ban Sakad itself is famous for its location high in the mountains and its picturesque village. Besides enjoying that and the view you could go hiking in the forrest surrounding Ban Sakad, like at Doi Pu Houd. Ask your homestay about this. Read more at my Travel-blog about Ban Sakad.
Food & Beverages in Ban SakadThere is a very limited selection of restaurants in Ban Sakad, actually none. Most homestay's will provide food & drinks. The only places for food are the so called Coffee Shops. And they are popping up everywhere. For more information about any restaurant or coffee shop in Pua have a look at Food & Drinks in Ban Sakad.
Accommodation & Coffee Shops in Ban SakadA few years ago there were no Coffee Shops or Homestays in Ban Sakad and then suddenly coffee shops started to come and they started to double as homestay. And that seems to be the new trend in Ban Sakad. Some of the homestay are very simple & basic but others are in boutique style with open-air bathtub on your private verandah. Be aware that some accommodation can not be reached by car or motorbike and you will have to walk a little bit. Some accommodation is within the village, other accommodation is outside the village (mostly along the road going to Ban Sakad).
Price category taking in account the low- & high-season prices :
- Baan Suan Mon Sakad ☎️ 089-9976585
- Baan Suan Doi Phieng Pui ฿฿ 👍
- Baan Phithakprai ☎️ 098-5612883
- Baan Ton Miang (just before the village)
- Baan Jak Ka Pat Homestay (just before the village) 👍
- Ban Sakad KM.8 Homestay ฿฿
- Dhoop-Zae Farmstay
- Fa Ngam ☎️ 089-9837172
- Jao Doi Homestay ☎️ 092-7926462
- Long View Homestay ☎️ 098-7788395
- Lung Maan Homestay ☎️ 090-8852060
- Na Sakad Homestay (Ban Sakad Tai)
- Sakad Dee Homestay (in the village) ฿฿
- Sud Sakad Farmstay ☎️ 098-5356938
- Sakad Homestay (in the village)
- Ou I Bai-Miang Homestay ฿฿ ☎️ 065-8978636
- Ung Up Om ☎️ 087-0341316