Chiang Klang is a district and a small village about 80 km north of Nan town, between Pua and Thung Chang, surrounded by rice-fields and mountains. Chiang Klang has actually no real attractions in itself, besides the fact that it is be a good base to explore the northern part of Nan province. There are few hotels, guesthouses, restaurants and even a 7/11. Nearby are some nice waterfalls in the mountains bordering Nan province. To the west it is the gateway to Song Kwae and Chiang Rai, to the east it is the gateway to Manipruek in the mountains of Doi Phu Kha. Be aware that Chiang Klang is 80 km north of Nan town, it is not a suburb of Nan town!
|View from Sangthong Resort in Chiang Klang|
How to get to Chiang Klang?
- You can take mini-van from Nan to Thung Chang and get off at Chiang Klang.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 north of Nan town via Tha Wang Pha and Pua.
What to do in Chiang Klang?In Chiang Klang itself is not much to do but nearby are waterfalls like Tad Man Waterfall, rivers and mountains. And on the outskirts of Chiang Klang town is a centuries old Tai Lue tempel Wat Nong Deang. Read my postings about Things To Do or Things To See in Chiang Klang. A new tourist attraction is the Rainbow Bridge, a perfect selfie location. For information about other places in Nan province click on their name below here.
Food & Beverages in Chiang Klang
- Ban Noi Na Cafe
- Dadjud Numlang Organic Garden (on appointment only)
- Dee Dee Organic Farm & Spicy Isaan Cafe & Restaurant
- Him Wat Cafe
- Jaonaay Cafe
- Ratchada Cafe
- Tafang Restaurant
- Thung Thong Cafe
- Tosapon Cafe
- The Terrace Restaurant by Sangthong Resort
- Kin Cha Pa Restaurant
- 30 Feb Cafe by Frint Stone
Accommodation in Chiang KlangPrice category :
- Baan Suan Khun Ja Resort & Camping ฿฿฿
- Dadjud Numlang Off the Grid Homestay ฿ (only on appointment)
- Ke Wa Ta Homestay
- Rai Juthamas Resort
- Sangthong Resort ฿฿฿ 🏊
- The Jungle Guesthouse ฿+
- The River Run Chiang Klang ฿฿+
- Huern Kao Kaem Hotel ฿฿+
Where to go next?
- West to Chiang Rai via route 1097.
- East to Manipruek in the mountains of Doi Phu Kha.
- North to Thung Chang and Huai Kon.
- South to Pua.