Ban Huai Kon is about 120 km north of Nan town and the border town with Laos. It is the main village of Chaloem Phra Kiat district and on road signs sometimes only the district name is used. The main attraction of Ban Huai Kon is the fact that there is the International Border crossing to Laos. At this border crossing is also every Sunday a so called Border Market where Thai & Lao sell goods. Be aware that the border is a few km away from the village Ban Huai Kon itself.
|Clouds in the mountains in Nan province|
How to get to Ban Huai Kon?
- By public transport you could take the bus from Nan town to Thung Chang and then change to a Songtheauw. Or you could take a mini-van that goes to the border from the bus-station in Nan town or even from Den Chai.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 to Pua and Thung Chang and then continue route 101 until Ban Huai Kon.
What to do in Ban Huai Kon?
Food & Beverages in Ban Huai Kon
- Huai Kon Coffee Shop (not always open)
Accommodation in Ban Huai Kon
Where to go next?
- West to Thung Chang, Chiang Klang and Pua
- East to Phu Phayak, Ban Sapan and Bo Klua
Map of Chaloem Phra Kiat District
|Map of Chaloem Phra Kiat district|
Map of Ban Huai Kon
Route from Nan town to Ban Huai Kon
|Route from Nan town to Ban Huai Kon|