Na Noi is a district and small town (actually Ban Na Rap) about 63 km south of Nan town and the main attraction of the town itself is the intriguing landscape of eroded sandstone formations, called Sao Din Na Noi or local called Hom Jom. And the location of Na Noi in the southern parts of Nan province offers to the East & West a great gate-way to 2 beautiful & famous National Parks : Khun Sathan National Park and Sri Nan National Park. And going south you will be going to Uttaradit province passing the authentic Pak Nai Fishing village on & along the shores of the Queen Sirikit Reservoir that was created by a dam in the Nan River. So Na Noi makes a great base to explore the southern part of Nan province. And although Na Noi is a small town it offers a good range of accommodation & restaurants. Even banks, ATM's and 2 gasoline stations. Be aware that Na Noi is 63 km south of Nan town, it is not a suburb of Nan town!
|Sao Din Na Noi in Na Noi|
How to get to Na Noi?
- By public transport take the bus to Wiang Sa and then change to the songtheauw to Na Noi.
- By private car or motorbike follow route 101 to Wiang Sa and then route 1026 to Na Noi.
What to do in Na Noi?If you like to see the stunning sunrise at Doi Samer Dao you can stay comfortable in one of the resorts in Na Noi and in the early morning you take just a 16 km trip to Doi Samer Dao (but leave your hotel at about 5:00 AM). For more information see my travel blog postings about Na Noi.
- Relax at Khun Sathan National Park
- Looking stars at Doi Samer Dao at Sri Nan National Park
- Walk in the Grand Canyon of Sao Din Na Noi
- Visit Wat Chetawan with a cave temple.
Food & Beverages in Na Noi townAt or nearby both the National Parks are only very simple Thai restaurants. Better restaurants can be found along the main road of Na Noi town.
Accommodation in Na NoiAs Na Noi is the gate-way to 2 famous National Parks there is some nice accommodation in Na Noi.
Price category taking in account the high-season prices :
- Baan Rim Hang
- Doi Samer Dao Hostel
- Engfa Resort
- Hearn Poori Phatchai Resort ฿฿+
- Huen Fai Mae Jam Pee Hotel 🏊 ฿฿+
- Konglae Resort
- Mon Keang Dao Nan Homestay & Camping
- Namuen Resort
- Na Noi Resort
- Ouidee Resort ฿฿
- Pha Non Dao Homestay & Camping ฿฿
- Ruean Mai Resort
- Sai Nan Resort
Where to go next?
- Traveling to the north Wiang Sa or Nan town would be your next destination.
- Traveling south then Pak Nai, Nam Pat or Phrae would be your next destination.
- Traveling East then Ban Kok in Uttaradit province would be your next destination.
Map of Na Noi town
Route from Nan to Na Noi
|Route from Nan town to Na Noi town|
|Map of Na Noi district in Nan province, North Thailand|