This is about Santisuk district where the villages Ban Du Phong and Ban Phong are referred to as Santisuk village, about 30 km east of Nan town. Not really a tourist destination, most people will be passing Santisuk while going to Bo Klua or Pua. It is a good place for a pit-stop as there are 2 gasoline stations, Bank with ATM, small restaurants, a few small shops and 7-11. There even is a district hospital, police station, school, daily fresh market and of course a temple (Wat Don Mongkol). The village Ban Kew Muang is within Santisuk district but information about this village can be found at Ban Kew Muang.
Be aware that this is about Santisuk district and that there is within Nan province also a village Ban Santisuk but that is not within Santisuk district. And to make it more complicated at the border of Nan province and Phayao province is also a village Santisuk. This explains why in Thai news is always said Village X, in district Y in province Z. If you like some help with organizing your holiday anywhere in Thailand send me an email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
What to do in Santisuk?The village Santisuk itself does not offer much to do or see but the the mountainous area nearby are great for hiking and bicycling if you are a tough bicyclist. For information about other places in Nan province click on their name below here.
How to get to Santisuk village?
- By public transport you can take the Blue Songtheauw truck from Nan bus station to Santisuk, takes about 60 min. You will be passing Ban Kew Muang what is already within Santisuk district.
- By private car or motorbike exit Nan town via route 1169 and keep on following that route until you are at T-intersection with route 1225. That intersection is the beginning of Santisuk village, the real village is to the right.
Food & Beverages in Santisuk
The village of Santisuk town consists basically of one main street (route 1225) with some small streets along it. Along this main street and at the T-intersection are some small Thai restaurants. In the area of Ban Nan Man (about 5 km north of Santisuk town) are a few restaurants & coffee shops :
Accommodation in Santisuk
Be aware that Santisuk is about 30 km east of Nan town, not a suburb of Nan town.
Price category :
฿ = Under 600 ฿ (Hostels, Guesthouse's)
฿฿ = 600 - 1.100 ฿ (Boutique hotels)
฿฿฿ = 1.100 - 3.000 ฿ (Midrange hotels)
฿฿฿฿ = 3.000 - 10.000 ฿ (Boutique hotels)
+ means at the high end of the price category
- Ban Yen Homestay (house for 7 people) ฿฿฿฿
- Inn Box @ Santisuk Hostel (at Ban Nan Man Khong) ฿+
- House Space Camping (at Ban Nan Man Khong)
- Sai Yai Rak Nan Homestay
- Sri Na Man Retreat ฿฿+
- Sri Na Man Resort ฿฿฿฿
- Natatha Farmstay (at Ban Nan Man Khong)
- Kiengphu Resort (at Ban Nan Man Khong)
- Khun Huai Taad Hills Camping
- Kiw Kalok Camping (near Ban Nan Man Khong)
Where to go next?
From Santisuk you can go
- North to Pua & Bo Klua
- South to Mae Charim
- West to Nan town
- East via route 1257 to Phu Fa and Bo Klua
Map of Santisuk village
Disclaimer : All information is created in good faith and is an expression of fair comment.