Sila Phet is a sub-district of Pua district and a small village (actually Ban Pa Tong) about 60 km north-east of Nan town, in between Santisuk and Pua. Sila Phet is at the base of the mountains of Doi Phu Kha and Doi Den Chang, with the main destination the famous Sila Phet Waterfall, although there are also a few other waterfalls nearby.
|View over Sila Phet in Nan province|
What to do in Sila Phet?The main attraction of Sila Phet are the rice fields surrounding the village and the famous Sila Phet Waterfall. For people who like to go hiking in the mountains there is a hiking trail to Yod Doi Den Chang Non (1.960m). Read my travel blog postings about Sila Phet.
How to get to Sila Phet?
- There is no public transport straight to Sila Phet, but you can take mini-van from Nan town to Thung Chang and get off at Tha Wang Pha and then change to a Songtheauw to Sila Phet. Or from Pua are also Songtheauws going to Sila Phet.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 north of Nan town to Tha Wang Pha and then change to route 1170 to Sila Phet. You will be passing the famous Wat Sri Monkol.
Food & Beverages in Sila PhetAlong the main road are a few other small Thai restaurants.
Accommodation in Sila PhetThe newest trend is luxury boutique homestay's with open-air bathtub or jacuzzi. And sometimes even a small (=tiny) private swimming pool.
Price category :
- Arin Camping Hill
- Baan Chomphu
- Baan Yasarn Homestay
- Baan Suan Him Nam Yang
- Baan Na Kasalong
- Chom Na Kiang Doi
- Chom Na Homestay
- Farmer School Homestay ฿฿
- Ing Na Homestay ฿฿+
- Nan Niran Boutique Resort 🏊 ฿฿฿
- Nan Silarom Homestay
- Nownan Banna Homestay
- Song's Farm Homestay
- Pak Ping Ing Na Homestay
Where to go next?
- South to Bo Klua or Nan town.
- West to Tha Wang Pha.
- North to Pua and Doi Phu Kha National Park.
Map of Sila Phet town
Map of Sila Phet sub-district
|Map of Sila Phet sub-district|