Wiang Sa is a district and small town (actually Ban Don Chai & Ban Bun Yuen) about 26 km south of Nan town, along route 101 at the intersection of route 1243 to Mae Charim and route 1026 to Na Noi. And it is where the Wa River merges with the Nan River. Besides a few gasoline stations, markets, restaurants, shops, temples and 7-11 there is not much to do for visitors.
Wiang Sa was originally know as Wiang Po, the gateway to Nan. Although currently Nan province starts about 50 km before Wiang Sa. Nowadays route 101 to Nan town is bypassing Wiang Sa town but in the old days the road to Nan town would be passing the intersection in Wiang Sa town. Where now route 1026 from Na Noi and route 1243 from Mae Charim come together.
|View from Chid Chai Chol Resort in Wiang Sa|
How to get to Wiang Sa?
- By public transport you can take the Blue bus from Nan bus station to Wiang Sa.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 south of Nan town for about 26 km.
What to do in Wiang Sa?
- Wat Boon Yuen (opposite the old Land Office building)
- Wiang Sa Museum (at the old Land Office building)
- Bicycle Museum (behind the Shell station)
- Worlds longest standing Buddha image (Phra Put Taroupmat Yaiteesut Nailok) at Wat Somdet Sanyata Wimok
Food & Drink in Wiang Sa
Accommodation in Wiang Sa
Price category :
Map of Wiang Sa
Route from Nan to Wiang Sa
|Route from Nan town to Wiang Sa|