Ban Wen small village along the Nan River, just within Bo Klua district and about 28 km north of Bo Klua town. Ban Wen is becoming a new destination for tourists to experience rural life in Nan province. And actually not only the village itself but the all area nearby the village. From Ban Wen you can go to a few smaller villages like Ban Piengsor along the Thai-Lao border. And with along I mean about 50m - 300m from the real border. There used to be a local border crossing (and unofficially it might still be used). If you like some help with organizing your holiday anywhere in Thailand send me an email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
|View at Piengsor along the Thai-Lao border|
How to get to Ban Wen?
- By public transport you can take the bus from Nan town to Pua and then a Song Theauw to Bo Klua and from there you will have to rent a Song Theauw to Ban Wen. But then you are still just in the village.
- By private car or motorbike just follow route 101 north of Nan town in direction of Pua and then route 1256 to Bo Klua. Then route 1081 in direction of Huai Kon and halfway Ban Wen is on your right hand side. Ban Wen is about 112 km from Nan town.
For information about other places in Nan province click on their name below here.
What to do in Ban Wen?Nothing more as relax, enjoy the view and experience the rural way of life in Nan province. And for the people who can read Thai (and understand a Thai language joke) a selfie with the village signs is also a must. See my travel blog postings about Ban Wen.
Food & Beverage in Ban Wen
As Ban Wen is not yet a real tourist destination there are no real restaurants or coffee shops (yet), only some local small shops and some accommodation will also serve food & drinks.
Accommodation in & near Ban Wen
As Ban Wen is not yet a tourist destination there is not so much accommodation. But there are a few basic accommodation between the beautiful rice fields of Ban Wen. And from Ban Wen you can go to Piengsor along the Thai-Lao border. But be aware that the road becomes a dirt road and goes steep into the mountains.
Price category :
Price category :
฿ = Under 600 ฿ (Hostels, Guesthouse's)
฿฿ = 600 - 1.100 ฿ (Boutique hotels)
฿฿฿ = 1.100 - 3.000 ฿ (Midrange hotels)
฿฿฿฿ = 3.000 - 10.000 ฿ (Boutique hotels)
+ means at the high end of the price category
- Piengsor Mountain View (in Piengsor)
- Piengsor Homestay (near Piengsor)
- Phu San Sailom Krok (on the way to Piengsor)
- Nasor Homestay (along route 1081)
Where to go next?
For most people Ban Wen is an end destination and going back you would be going to Bo Klua, Pua or Nan town. But going north you could go to Phu Phayak or Huai Kon (the border with Laos).
Map of Ban Wen
|Map of Ban Wen|
Route from Nan town to Ban Wen
|Route from Nan town to Ban Wen|
Disclaimer : All information is created in good faith and is an expression of fair comment.