In December 2021 I was making a motorbike trip in North Thailand and did visit Mae Yom National Park in Phrae province. It is a small but very nice National Park and relatively easy to visit. For location see the location under this posting.
How to get there?
Mae Yom National Park is along route 1154 in Phrae province, what can be reached from route 101 or route 1. Mae Yom National Park has 2 parts :
- Kaeng Su Ten (rapids) in de Yom River, can be reached 4 km from route 1154
- Lom Dong & Pha Ing Mok, can be reached 10 km from route 1154
When to go?
Best to go in the cool season from November to February. In the raining season from June to October the park might be closed. In the hot season it will be too hot & dry.
What to do?
- At Lom Dong are a few hiking trails to make and there is a camping site so you can stay overnight. There are toilets and showers. I did walk the Lom Dong nature trail.
- Pha Ing Mok Cliff is just 1 km before Lom Dong, it is a cliff with a walking trail.
- At Kaeng Sue Ten you can enjoy the Yom River and the rapids and there is also a camping ground. The area is surrounded by forest.
|Road to Kaeng Sue Ten (rapids)|